Some of my friends were asking me on how I handle toxic people in my life. The answer is actually simple, I just ignore and don't speak at them. But of course,sad to say I cannot act like this everyday especially when these humans belong to the company where I am working at.
So what I basically do?
I usually remain calm whenever this type of person approaches me and starting to put pressure in my head. It maybe a little hard to do particularly to someone you wish to drag out of your sight but trust me it works.
Second, I listen. Yes, I listen to them,because maybe they just need some who would lend ears at their summons and distress in life.
Third, they might be suffering from any psychiatric disorders and they need to displace so better not feed the troll. Engaging in a fight with them would just create big issues.
However, if you think you have to stand up and speak starts with these words " You have a point there, but I think if we can...." and state your opinion.
Then,talk them in a nice way, if they are still rude to you always remember that it is them who have a problem not you. You got to stand for what is right.I experienced when my boss scolded me for a mistakes I did not make. Although, my knees are trembling I went to her again and talked at her politely and explained every single details. I stood for what I think was right and made myself clear of any fault because I knew at that moment that nobody would defend me.
By the way, listen to a music or pray when difficult situation comes, it really helps.
So what I basically do?
I usually remain calm whenever this type of person approaches me and starting to put pressure in my head. It maybe a little hard to do particularly to someone you wish to drag out of your sight but trust me it works.
Second, I listen. Yes, I listen to them,because maybe they just need some who would lend ears at their summons and distress in life.
Third, they might be suffering from any psychiatric disorders and they need to displace so better not feed the troll. Engaging in a fight with them would just create big issues.
However, if you think you have to stand up and speak starts with these words " You have a point there, but I think if we can...." and state your opinion.
Then,talk them in a nice way, if they are still rude to you always remember that it is them who have a problem not you. You got to stand for what is right.I experienced when my boss scolded me for a mistakes I did not make. Although, my knees are trembling I went to her again and talked at her politely and explained every single details. I stood for what I think was right and made myself clear of any fault because I knew at that moment that nobody would defend me.
By the way, listen to a music or pray when difficult situation comes, it really helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment