Saturday, March 24, 2018

Why Sometimes A No English Is A No! No!

              Have you ever experienced being discriminated because your English is not good? Did you ever received humiliations and ridicule comments from people who think their better than you? Have you ever been rejected by a company because your grammar was not okay? Well,I guess just like me some of you out there had encountered these.

              I maybe sound bitter but it really annoys me when like this happens and makes me more frustrate when people connects the level of someone's intellect to his capacity in understanding and speaking the English language. 

             Nevertheless, I am  not against to those who can speak well and use it. As a matter of fact, I am amazed with you guys most especially for those who knows more than one language. I have just come to realized that perhaps it is about time that I focus on developing my skill in communicating to others using English.

             Why I have to do this? 

            First, as an overseas worker you frequently talk to other nationalities, although some of them pronounce words incorrectly it is still a must that you use the right words and assert them correctly. In this way, you could practice and the other party can also gained from you.

            Second, I do not want to be ridiculed again. Its about time that I show confidence and deliver my sentiments in a clear manner. 

            Third, I know it can help me to move further in my career. I have been rejected by  some companies because most of them were own by natives and this was one of the requirements they were looking for their employees at that time. I believe aside from dedication and perseverance this skill could also lead me up.

            Reading books and watching Hollywood movies as well as news are helping me now.  Apart from it, I am beginning to write blogs again about happenings in my daily life. With continuous practice I know someday I will be better and no more no English from my side.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mubazzarah Park 2019

I think it was six years ago when I stepped on this famous place in Al Ain City for the first time. The place back then was astonishing an...